Two 22-year-old men were severely burned when a gas cylinder exploded while they were handling it in central Drakensburg on Saturday morning, paramedics said.
The men were apparently changing the liquid propane gas bottle when a fridge pilot light in the room ignited it, Netcare 911
spokesman Jeff Wicks said.
One of the men suffered 70 percent burns to his body and he was critical.
The other sustained 50 percent burns.
The two were taken to the Netcare St Anne's Hospital. - Sapa
11th December 2010, 7:07pm
If you wish to be redirected to the webpage where this article appears click here. The content is displayed on our website as links often break.